Sunday 23 October 2011

I'm not religious but.

There's this scene in 'Jesus of Nazareth' (or should I just say IN THE BIBLE) where Jesus loses his cool about trading within the temple, smashing all the stalls to smithereens.

So when I popped into Southwell Minster yesterday (I love all that medieval crap) and saw this...


I felt like I'd walked into a sort of exam question. The Bramley Apple Festival! Selling pies, chutneys, Halloween cupcakes and my personal middle-class decadence fave; grass-reared bison meat/hides.

It was a bit like 'The Wicker Man', or one of those unintentionally hilarious episodes of Midsommer Murders where they blame the pagans.

Probably my churchy upbringing, probably reading too much into it, probably using this as an elaborate excuse as to why I didn't take any incredibly artistic photographs.

There were some morris dancers outside too! I hope they have a great big phallic Maypole next year.

Discuss?

No comments:

Post a Comment