Wednesday 2 November 2011

An art nightmare. Artmare.

It's some kind of art exam, an important one that I don't want to mess up. For reasons unknown it's being held on a school playing field at a kind of sports day event.

I have made this huge, dumb installation that resembles a cross between one of those children's 'fun houses' and a mini-golf course. It's all made out of chipboard and artificial grass and is surrounded by a net cage.

I have absolutely no idea why I made it, it's falling to pieces, half-arsed and probably unfinished. I get the feeling it was one of those 'seemed hilarious at the time' ideas.

Some of my old art tutors are discussing it, they think it's terrible and use long words that I'm not sure even exist. I feel ashamed that I've not researched art theory/history more, but retaliate saying I've heard other people say they loved it for the same reasons they hated it.

I think earlier I'd spoken to one of my old English tutors or something, but I don't remember the positive comments.

Anyway, I don't convince them, or myself. I shrug my shoulders, walk away, give one last look at the audience of the sports day event. I take a long run across the grass and transform into a bright red paper plane, then take off.


Have quite a few of these, when I'm not dreaming about trains going into tunnels and white snakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment