Sunday 19 February 2012

Trash telly binge rant spectacular.

"Fat Girls and Feeders" actually made me want to chuck!

Not because of the girls, because of the feeders! It's not fat appreciation itself that disgusts me, but basically killing someone to satisfy any fantasy is warped. They were seen as objects to fatten up and have a wank over, literally funnel-feeding liquid fat into another human being; how is that appreciation?! These people were exploiting a weakness, gaining so much control that these women became dependent enough to do ANYTHING to appear attractive to them.

Anyway, watch it if you want to see what's rattled my cage and form your own opinion. If you can find it anyhoo, it's an elusive documentary and I found it by chance when I flicked onto Really (where else).

Is it something about vulnerability, is it like a turn on? Sometimes I feel nature is cruel, that women have an ability to feel helpless with their femininity, rather than empowered. If a woman's preference was for a man to be geeky or shy or effeminate, is that still the same as it being a 'vulnerable' physical quality they were attracted to?

I'd feel uncomfortable saying I liked a guy based mainly on looks. I'm not slagging off what anyone finds attractive, that's personal and we're human, but you don't often see men portrayed in the media as chopping and changing themselves to stop a female partner from leaving. There's still media pressure on women to be beautiful and men to be powerful. And it makes me sad! I'm no expert on feminism, so feel free to put the woman in her place lol discuss this with me if I'm being an ass.

Another guilty pleasure this week, although Fat Girls and Feeders was more horrifying than entertaining, was "Big Fat Gypsy Weddings"! It never disappoints; there is something glorious about things that are considered kitsch or in bad taste, perfected with thousands of pounds. The clothes remind me of things I drew as a child (y'know, when you're about six and design your dream wedding dress) and when transferred to reality they really are spectacular! Again though, there's so much emphasis on the concept of beauty and etc. What a can of worms.

Babes of the week for me were the physicists on "Who's Afraid of a Big Black Hole", because the sexiest organ in the body is, of course, THE BRAIN! Quantum physics..tell me about it, stud.

2 comments:

  1. Oh god, I watched the fat girls and feeders documentary on really too. It was absolutely hideous. The guy who was still feeding his 'bit' up despite the fact that she had been in hospital for an operation as she was so critcally ill...should have been put in jail. The fact that he was continuing to fantastise about her putting weight on again and building a special 'fat house' for her so she could be moved around the open plan kitchen without getting stuck - christ. It's scary. Really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugggh I know, me and mum were hurling abuse at the television, I felt so sorry for the woman having such a state of mind to stay with that ol' shark-eyes. The fat house was like a prison for her, nice touch with the view of the city; LIKE SHE'LL EVER GO THERE. Vom.

      Delete