Friday 27 July 2012

A fashion frustration.

Shops seem to be churning out more cheap, nasty, meaningless stuff than ever. I ended up buying this bizarre hybrid of the pleat/sequin embellishment/collar trends, as it was the only thing that didn't leave me with absolute apathy.



Mum saying "you could do The Charleston in that" swung it.

I braved Mansfield not long ago to catch up with some chums. On an average night out, men dress like they're going to a job interview whilst women squeeze themselves into tiny stretchy rags. I'm not saying ladies go for powerful alpha-males (Christian Grey I mean you), or that men base a woman's worth on the size of her curves -- just that you'd be fooled this was so by some of the crap you see people wearing.

Not so much being a prude, as being bored shitless by all the predictable tat out there.

Until summer's Malibu Barbie thing dies down, Topman's the way to go. Boys clothes are comfy, quirky, and just way more fun sometimes (and no I don't mean those "hilarious" statement t-shirts).

I know nothing about fashion. This blog however, does.

http://ideayougavemeafrightdear.blogspot.co.uk/

2 comments:

  1. Nats we should have gone to the bloody fancy dress to get you a dress! I know, fashion is a sorry state of affairs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it takes all my willpower not to buy a Supergirl costume and wear it on a normal night out. I've been shopping with mum twice recently to try and find her a nice dress, for when she does concerts, but there is literally NOTHING!

      Delete