Wednesday 8 February 2012

Sad 90s ladywoman songs + vids.


Garbage - Stupid Girl, directed by Samuel Bayer.

"The clip was shot in just four hours entirely within a warehouse. Bayer cut the film into pieces, and soaked it in his bath, applying deliberate fingerprints and abrasions to the footage before putting it back together by hand."

First saw Bayer on a music video documentary I taped, explaining how with Stupid Girl he wanted to make a film that looked "destroyed"; I found that really appealing. Shame about some of his other stuff. I'm a big fan of using real film, I would do it more often if it was a) cheaper and b) not so easy to ruin. Filters don't quite cut it though and my Super8's gathering dust.

Another doomy, gloomy goody...


Portishead - Humming, directed by Ben Waters. 

I love Beth’s vocal on this, but that first minute or so of instrumental is actually HAUNTING. Worth a watch too, the video’s got an almost Lynchian thing going on there.

No comments:

Post a Comment