Friday 4 May 2012

Sweet charity, a muzak-al.

I’ve never decorated a shop window mannequin before, but I think I did a pretty good job today! It looked a bit like a boy/a member of B*Witched, wearing TWO different kinds of denim. I know about the denim rule, but my mannequin breaks all the rules of fashion.

Due to royalties, the charity shop I volunteer at now only plays a selection of 5 wrist-slittingly bad CDs. They’re actually awful. Like someone dropped a synthesiser down a well, and it’s clanging around repeatedly against the sides trying to escape.

The song titles are also imaginative; such as “Rain”, “Mountain Rain” and “Snow”. I’m thankful I don’t have a job composing this stuff, how do they sleep at night.

(this is rich coming from someone who thinks up “amusing” puns for a living)

Boots has a strange choice of background music too, listen and you’ll hear a strange repeating melancholy tinkle. It’s a bit depressing really, which isn’t brilliant as a lot of people go there to buy medicine and will probably come out thinking they will die.

It took me a sec before I realised why May the fourthhh is Star Wars day.

No comments:

Post a Comment